- Uninstall any previous Oculus Runtime and reboot
- Install Oculus Runtime 0.5.0.1.0 with Windows 8 compatibility mode. If you don't you will receive an error that the Oculus Display driver couldn't be installed. Complete the install then reboot.
- When you turn on the HMD, Windows will say Oculus detected followed by Oculus Service failed. This is fine.
- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\" and right-click "OVRServer_x86.exe". Create a shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut, hit properties. In Shortcut Tab, hit Advanced, then click x Run as administrator.
- Still in the shortcut properties, hit Compatiblity then enable x Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
- Now click on the shortcut. This should launch a CLI session showing the server process.
- Launch the Config Utility, switch the HMD to Extended mode. Setup your profile. Then run the Demo Scene.
Whenever you startup the PC you will get the Oculus VR service failure. This should be normal and mitigated by manually starting OVRServer_x86.
Post a Comment